Now that spring is around the corner, many of us have spring cleaning on the mind. Our to-do lists might include cleaning out space in our homes, ramping up out outdoor areas, and, of course, getting our pools prepped for reopening. We’re here to offer you some basic maintenance tips to start in the spring so that your pool is ready for fun in the summer.
Take the time to organize the area around your pool. This means any landscaping and furniture should be taken care of ahead of time. This keeps the surroundings clear so that you don’t have debris while Georgia Pool Cleaning is cleaning the pool. Tidying up the landscape also prevents additional debris from getting into your pool throughout the summer. Here’s your to-do list:
- Trim overgrown branches.
- Prune bushes near the pool.
- Check areas around pump and filters for leaves.
The pool itself is a major area that will require attention. Afterall, this is where you’ll be enjoying your time! Hire Georgia Pool Cleaning to make sure the water is clean and safe. Here is a pool cleaning check-list to reference:
- Scrub sides of pool to rid it of stains.
- Skim off leaves and debris from surface.
- Test water quality and balance pH, alkalinity, calcium, and chlorine.
- Fill pool if water levels are low.
One of the first pieces of pool equipment to tackle is the cover. Here is a pool equipment check-list to reference:
- Clean and remove pool cover.
- Reconnect heater, filter, and pump if you winterized.
- Clean filters.
- Inspect equipment for damage such as leaks.
- Look for signs of wear and tear in pool, railings, ladders, etc.
Dedicating time to pool maintenance in the spring will ensure that you can dive in as soon as the weather is warm. This gives you a long pool season to enjoy.
For more pool cleaning tips, or to set up an appointment with Georgia Pool Cleaning in Senoia, Georgia, visit our website or call us today at (404) 895-9120.